Tuesday, November 6, 2012

CM10 Install SGS III (ATT) Part 1 - Rooting

I finally decided to take the plunge and install CM10 on my AT&T SGS III.  Of course I wait till 11pm to start the process which may or may not get fully done tonight (still need to run out and get HALO 4 in a bit).

But back to the story here, just installed the drivers for SGS III, booted into recovery and downloaded the stock rom with injected root per the XDA thread.

The plan of attack is to run ODIN, let its do it's work, after reboot install ClockWorkMod, install the recovery for D2ATT, and then depending on time start the CM10 install.

I still need to download the CM10 nightly, and the GAPPS for JB but that will be done when the first part of this has been completed.

It took about 15 minutes for ODIN to run on my computer, and for the phone to reboot.  I will have to continue the install tomorrow as we are heading out shortly, need to make sure that the phone works in it's present state, and verify that root was installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment