Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Email for Children

I have seen so many people who have setup email accounts for their children and then email that account everyday.  After the turn a certain age the provide the child with that memento and then the child can continue to use that email account.

As I am preparing to get back on Sea Duty I was thinking of setting up email accounts for my children that I could email them daily and it would be theirs.  I was trying to find out if there are any good children email accounts out there, or just go for a Gmail account for them.

I could just have them filtered through their mother's account,  but I want to at least consider all the options.  I have been trying to see if there is any sort of white list for Gmail or any of the other web based email systems.

I would like to be able to block all incoming emails except from certain folks, and do the same for outgoing emails.  Free email would be the best option, but I am not sure if that type of system exists.

On another note at what age do you think a child should have an email account?  How about what age should they have a phone number?


No comments:

Post a Comment