Saturday, April 23, 2022

FlipperZero: The Unboxing

I just received the FlipperOne in the mail today (I pre-ordered it last year I believe for my birthday).
And the inside of the box (Flipper looks snug, and secure in the box it came in)
I turned it on just to mess with it for a few minutes before I decided I should update the firmware (I believe it came with .43 and it's now at .55)
 
So off I go and plug it into my computer, dowload the update program qflipper (for the flipperone) and start the update process. And it fails... Also now it won't turn on and does not show any indication of charging... Bricked in 2 minutes, not fun.
 
Reading up on the forums and I could try and get it into DFU mode, also read that it should have the microSD card in (I thought that was only if you were adding something like Kali, not a requirement for updates)
 
Got it into DFU (Don't worry I will make another post about getting it operational). And reran qflipper, comes up as needing repair. So at least not totally bricked. Clicked REPAIR, and its fails agian.
I grabbed the logs, and left a forum post, as I did not see any of the same direct errors that mine was reporting. Now I am waiting for support from the community.
 
--LOG--
 [RCY] Set Recovery boot mode @Or1sha START
 [RCY] Set Recovery boot mode @Or1sha ERROR: Failed to set Recovery mode: operation timeout   [DEV] Full Repair @Or1sha ERROR: Failed to set Recovery mode: operation timeout

No comments:

Post a Comment