Sunday, April 24, 2022

FlipperZero: Repair Process Success

 It's been a day now that I have tried to get my Flipperzero up and running after trying to update the firmware.  It has been stuck in DFU, unable to repair.    I have been stuck at the below screen now for 2 days, and unfortunately, the forum post was not getting anywhere. 


So on my primary computer, I reloaded the program twice, even tried switching to /dev branch of the qflipper program, same errors each time.  

[RCY] Set Recovery boot mode @Or1sha START
[RCY] Set Recovery boot mode @Or1sha ERROR: Failed to set Recovery mode: operation timeout
[DEV] Full Repair @Or1sha ERROR: Failed to set Recovery mode: operation timeout

Next, I tried switching to multiple USB ports on my machine and verified in the device manager that the right drivers were installed for DFU in FS.

STM (Reading the forums though it references WinUSB, at the bottom, it says they are switching to the STM), so it could get confusing.  

As a last resort, I pulled out another computer (Windows 10 also).   Installed qflipper, and then I got a bunch of C++ redistributed errors. 

vcruntime140_1.dll was not found

First I tried to run Windows Update, which took a few hours, but the computer has not been updated in a while.    Still didn't work, so then I downloaded the new C++ files, rebooted, and put the flipper back in DFU.

Once again the flipper was recognized as needing repair. I clicked REPAIR, and it worked, it took about 3 minutes to run through all the processes but I am up and operational on my FlipperZero now.  

Curious why my main machine did not like the USB, maybe there was a conflict that I was just not aware of, or something causing USB to disconnect after a few minutes.  







No comments:

Post a Comment