Sunday, October 17, 2010

Scaring up some LED Ghosts

I was once again looking for some projects for Halloween and came across Evil Mad Scientist building ghosts.  I went out over the weekend and picked up a few more LED's at Radio Shack and an on/off switch as I was thinking of having them strung up in a series of say 3 ghosts on a tree and would like on button to turn them on.

After more research I found another post over at the same website about dark detecting LED which I think I will try and use on the ghosts instead.  I will have to make another trip to Radio Shack and pick up the rest of the parts to test it out.



If I put the dark detecting on the bottom of the bottle and make sure it has access to see daylight for the most part it should be effective, guess we will see.  Next I will have to go to Michaels and pick up some ghost sheets.  I am hoping that we can make at least three of these, one for me, and one for each of my daughters.  I will have to pick up some different LEDs so they can have different color eyes.  Red for the angry ghost, white for another, maybe green for the last one.


I think this would be a nice quick and cheap project that I can work with my daughters and have it up and running for Halloween.  I will have to have some of the parts for the ghost's already premade before my daughters get their hands on it, but it should still be fun for a weekend project.



Then my daughters and I can hang them them by tree's having them ready for trick or treaters on Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment