Monday, September 20, 2010

Walkie Talkie Dead end

I tried ordering the DIY kit today and shortly there after I was sent an email stating that the company does not sell these items anymore.  They were the only ones I could find on the internet, and I dont think my soldering skills are that great that I could build something like this.  

From more reading I guess that its illegal to build Walkie Talkies, I could be wrong something about using illegal frequencies and stuff.  Maybe Ill just go to like toys r us and buy a cheap set and pull them apart and then have the kids build them into another set, not a true DIY but it could still be fun.

Or once I take them apart I can maybe remove some of the wiring and make it kid connector friendly so they can feel that they did something for the project.  I still want to be able to have them built into a Lego style Walkie Talkie, so once again that will be part two of the project.

Now to figure out how to make it "Kid connectible circuits"

No comments:

Post a Comment