Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Voucher for 291 is here.

Today I received word that the Navy has approved my voucher request for 70-291 (Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure). 291 is the last certification that I need to be MCSA.  I am going to wait till after the holidays to actually take the test, at least I know that I have the voucher ready for when I am ready to take it.   Its now time to start to hit the books again in preparation for the test.
As I finish up 291 I will start to study and work towards my MCSE.  I still have two year left at my command depending on what happens near fiscal year 2011.  It might cut all our shore duty by a year or we may just be dropped somewhere for the last year of a lot of sailors shore duty period.   I am not going to stress over something that has not been finalized just yet.

I am going to continue working towards my certifications, and if everything else is on track try and finish up at least my associates degree starting in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment