Thursday, December 9, 2010

On my way to be MCSA

At my present command it is our top priority to get certified, and I am currently one certification away from being MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Adminstrator).    I just passed 70-290 last week "Managing annd maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment.  One of the best resources for this exam was the Self Paced Training Kit.  I broke that book out nightly and studied a few chapters at a time till I felt comfortable with the material.

 
Anybody is thinks they want to get Microsoft certified should take a look at these books.  I also just picked up the book for 70-291 Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure.   This is the last exam I need to become MCSA.  Hopefully by early January I will be MCSA.

I will not stop there, next I will be working on my MCSE and from there we will see what else I will be able to get certified in.  I am hoping to get certified as a Comptia Technical Trainer, and from there get Microsoft Certified Trainer qualification.

My current certifications are Network +, Security +, 70-270 (XP), and 70-290 (2003).  I also intend to upgrade these certs to the newest OS's (Windows 7, and Server 2008), but the path provided through our command is through XP and Windows server 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment