Thursday, December 9, 2010

On my way to be MCSA

At my present command it is our top priority to get certified, and I am currently one certification away from being MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Adminstrator).    I just passed 70-290 last week "Managing annd maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment.  One of the best resources for this exam was the Self Paced Training Kit.  I broke that book out nightly and studied a few chapters at a time till I felt comfortable with the material.

 
Anybody is thinks they want to get Microsoft certified should take a look at these books.  I also just picked up the book for 70-291 Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure.   This is the last exam I need to become MCSA.  Hopefully by early January I will be MCSA.

I will not stop there, next I will be working on my MCSE and from there we will see what else I will be able to get certified in.  I am hoping to get certified as a Comptia Technical Trainer, and from there get Microsoft Certified Trainer qualification.

My current certifications are Network +, Security +, 70-270 (XP), and 70-290 (2003).  I also intend to upgrade these certs to the newest OS's (Windows 7, and Server 2008), but the path provided through our command is through XP and Windows server 2003.