Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Creating the Doodling Robot

Another project with my daughter thanks to Toysmith.  This time it was the Doodling Robot which looks pretty cool from the package, but what I forgot to take into consideration this time was the building of it.

Don't get me wrong its an easy build, just a lot of small parts for a five and three year old to try and work with.  Most of it was just using a screw driver, but they did help as much as they could with the screw driver.

Overall it only took about 20 minutes to put the robot together with the help of my daughters.  If you were doing it by yourself for your kids it would probably only take a few minutes to put it all together.





Second mistake of the build, I did not bring poster paper (or anything larger then printer paper) to use with the robot which required constant attention to make sure that it did not start drawing over the dinning room table.  I think someone would have gotten pretty mad if thier table had yellow, red, and blue marker over it.


See only a few pieces to put together.   Here is a picture of my daughter using the screwdriver and helping build the robot.  I still would not call this a robot, its just a platform that holds some markers and a motor to make it jiggle.  There are some more photo's below also, I didn't have time to take pictures of the robot in action, but it was nothing really special anyway.  




No comments:

Post a Comment