Tuesday, January 25, 2011

DIY Silly Putty Fail

I don't know if I didn't read the directions right or I had the wrong ingredients but the DIY silly putty that is found on the net just did not work yesterday.   The most common recipe was glue and liquid starch in 1 to 1 or 2 to 3 portions.

I tried both portion setups but it was just liquid and never turned into anything remotely like silly putty.  I used Elmer's glue and Liquid starch from a can for ironing.  Maybe it was the wrong kind of starch.  Either way it was fun trying it out and we will have to try it again another day to see if we can get it to work.

I did try and add some Borax to the mix which resulted in a weird spongy glob, but it was not useful so it was trashed.   Until  the next experiment.