Monday, January 31, 2011

Pizza day with the girls

Last week I decided to make some more pizza dough so my daughters and I can make our pizza's our way.  Each of my daughters like different things on their pies so this is the best way to go about it.   My youngest likes just cheese, the oldest like vegetables, and I usually go for tomatoes and garlic.

After I dropped the oldest off at school I set out to prep the dough and have it ready for lunch when she was done a few hours later.  I really one takes a little bit to make the pizza, then you have to let it sit and proof for about an hour or so.


Once the dough was proofed enough and the oven set to as high as it could (550), which is not the best for the pizza (I hear around 800 degree's is best). To do that we would have to break the cleaning cycle lock on the oven, and since we rent that is not an option.  We have a pizza stone that I picked up for 6$ on sale from Onedia.



 My two daughters adding their toppings to the pizza's.
And look below at the first pizza being cooked in oven, doesn't it look great?

And the finished product two out of three of the cooked pizza, all thats left to do is eat them.


No comments:

Post a Comment