Friday, April 24, 2015

OnePlus Rom Update: CM12S YNG1TAS17L

So a new OnePlus ROM update is available, and I of course downloaded it instead of waiting for the OTA.  Besides I would probably have to wait a few days for the update, better to check out what is new.

The main "selling" point for the updated ROM was the OK ONEPLUS.  Well hate to break the news but I could not get that to work.  OK Google still works.  But OK OnePlus, not so much.  And just to make sure it was maybe a bad training I retrained my phone for my voice a second time.

Same issue, does not work from sleep, nor when its on.  I guess I will go back to using OK Google when I need something.   As for everything else the following updates are said to be included:

Pulled from the OnePlus Forums:

1) "OK ONEPLUS" Voice command is included..
2) Google Services upgraded to 7.3.29 (Thanks @VinceCgto)
3) [FIXED] Messaging app crashing on boot (Thanks @VinceCgto)
4) [FIXED] OTA fails due to encryption (Thanks @VinceCgto)
5) [FIXED] Improve Theme engine (Thanks @Mike9966)

I might switch over to nightlies to see if there is a new things on there.  I am still glad I jumped from KitKat to Lollipop, but there is nothing that jumps out that makes it stand out from the standard Lollipop build, and I guess that is what it supposed to be.

There were rumors that this update will also help with battery drain, so I will keep my eyes on this.  Now I would like to see the update for 5.1.1 for OnePlus come out.



No comments:

Post a Comment