Tuesday, January 29, 2019

In Search of SFF/Mini PC

Recently I have been updating my network at the house.  Not really to the level I would like, but still some updates anyway.   My network setup prior to the update consisted of:

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter  - TP Link Managed Switch (8)

1 - Desktop PC
2 - TP Link Ac2300 
3 - Power Line Adapter (1)

(2) Powerline Adapter - TP Link Managed Switch (8) - 
1. Xbox
2. Roku

(3) Powerline Adapter - TP Link Archer C7 

1.  Laptop
2.  TMobile Cell Spot

I have replaced the TP-Link AC 2300 with the Linksys Velop (dual band system) 2 AC 1300 Mesh.  And in the process of removing the Archer C7 for a third managed switch.  

I would really like to go to Ubiquiti for all my network devices, but it is expensive so I will do with what I have.  

Back to the main reason for the post.   I am looking for a small form factor/mini-pc that will be used to move the Security Onion VM off my desktop to its own machine.    I have been looking at Intel NUC, Gigabyte Brix, Zotac.  Hoping to find something on craigslist/ebay/offerup that will not cost a lot.  




No comments:

Post a Comment