Saturday, August 14, 2010

Digital Picture Frame

I have wanted to build a DPF for a long time now, and actually started about a year ago with an old dell laptop.  Since then I had life take over and I had put that on the back burner for other projects or just day to day life.  About 2 months ago I picked up the laptop and tried to start it up with no success.

I did not want to get rid of the laptop so I put it in storage till today, I happened to see it sitting by my desk so I decided to give it another try, and on first try it started up.  So now to go download some software and start working on the project.

Requirements


Wireless
Slideshows
Video's
Music

*I would also love it to be able to pull the pictures off of say Picasa or another service (we currently use Picasa).

I am planning on using Ubuntu as that was what I was originally using.  

Stay tuned for more updates on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment